Next time you need some whipped cream to go with that bowl of berries or slice of pie, consider making your own. It’s easy, delicious, and doesn’t contain the artificial flavors, hydrogenated vegetable oil, or high fructose corn syrup found in some whipped cream substitutes.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Whip the cream in a large chilled bowl, until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla and sugar, and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Don’t overbeat, or the cream will eventually turn into butter!
You’ll enjoy eating your greens topped with this yummy balsamic dressing. Recipes couldn’t get any easier than this!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl (or shake it all up in a jar)
You’ve got to have dip to go with your chips! Make your dip at home so you can control what goes into it.
- 8 ounces sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of black pepper
- Mix everything together, then sprinkle with chopped chives
- As an alternative to the powders, saute fresh onion and garlic, and allow to cool before adding to the sour cream or yogurt.
Who doesn’t love fries? If only they were healthy! Try Jamie Oliver’s homemade baked potato wedges for a reduced fat, even more delicious version. And if you think they’re good, wait until you try making them with sweet potatoes. Yum!
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Clean potatoes, and cut into wedges
- Transfer to a baking sheet
- Toss with oil, salt and pepper
- Spread into a single layer, skin side down
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until crisp and golden
"I think the most important thing in life is self-love, because if you don’t have self-love, and respect for everything about your own body, your own soul, your own capsule, then how can you have an authentic relationship with anyone else?”
Adult Alcoholic Ice Candy
How to make the perfect, creamiest mashed potatoes.
The Walking Taco
Wet Your Fingers Before Removing Egg Shells
Easy Pancake Art!
Quick and Easy Cheese Sticks
Use a Waffle Iron for Hashbrowns.
The Correct Way to Open a Kiss
Cheese Bread Hack
How to Tell if an Avocado is Ripe
Pastry Folding Hacks
1. Know that you are still blooming, and this is okay.
2. Write handwritten love notes to the parts of yourself you hate.
3. Find the comfort in holding your own hand.
4. Remember, even clouds cry sometimes.
5. Date yourself. Get to know yourself again.
6. Learn how to be alone without feeling lonely.
7. Do something that scares you every day, no matter how small. Watch your life change.
8. Stop wishing for a vacation and make your life into something you don’t wish to escape from.
9. Recognize that the best artists color outside the lines. You have the same freedom in your life. Break conventions.
10. Go to the florist on the corner and buy yourself some flowers. Spoil yourself. You deserve it.
11. Throw out your premeditated list of qualities for your perfect mate. That special person is not a recipe or equation. Humans are more than that.
12. Share your testimony. Our story is meant to be heard. Find your voice.
13. Wish to be more like rain than snow. Snow is frigid and hardens. Rain is vulnerable and soft.
14. Look at your veins. They are roots, and your limbs are branches. Your body is a strong tree. Don’t you dare cut it down.
15. Strive to have the humility as the sun. It shines brilliantly every day without needing anyone to notice.
16. Flip through old photos and reminisce about the past, but do not live there. Nothing new happens there.
17. Dust off the fingerprints of any past lover left on your skin. You belong only to yourself.
18. Become the person you’d like to fall in love with.
19. Loving yourself again will be like putting on eyeglasses. The blur will fade and you will see yourself for what you truly are: beautiful.
If it’s raining, you will most likely find French photographer and artist on tumblr, Manuel Plantin outside. Of Strasbourg France, he has a talent for transforming reflections into photographs that resemble paintings. Coincidentally, he isn’t a fan of the rain, but it suits his hobby well and provides him with the environment necessary to create amazing art. That being said, if it’s raining expect to see Manuel outside with his camera in tow.
Follow him On Tumblr.
A fan narration of Augustus Waters’ letter to Peter Van Houten.
yes to a healthier lifestyle. first run after a long layoff. 💪😠
♫ FAVOURITE ALBUMS OF ALL TIME. ♫
OneRepublic ♪ Native.
@reymartgabiola , you’re suppose to be in this photo.
- me: im gonna be hot in 2014. i swear.